Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Come on PEOPLE!!!

For the first time, I must vent on my blog.
What is it with these Utah drivers? The FAST lane is for people who go FAST...not 65, and when I come up behind you, that means you need to move over not slow down because you think I'm riding your 'butt.' It's the FAST lane. Then when I move over to pass you DON'T speed up on purpose and give me this 'look' like I'm soooo rude.
Is it Utah drivers?
Many of you will {quickly} say yes.
I say no.
I was born and raised in Utah and I don't drive like THAT!
You know what it is?
Bad driving teachers. No one teaches these people freeway etiquette. Or road etiquette for that matter.
My drivers ed teacher didn't teach me.
Lucky for me I had a Dad who taught me freeway etiquette and I have a pro-driver of a husband.
{I was really in need of my friend Summer to write me a sign to hold up to the window for these people. The sign would have said:
"IT'S CALLED THE FAST LANE!!"}
Fast Lane: For professional drivers ONLY!
Ok. Done.
Stay tuned for the day I vent about Dog POOP in the community common areas, where kids play...my kids.
"Having a dog and not picking up it's poop is like having a baby and not changing it's diaper."

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Phew! Glad you got that off your chest :) I'd like to hear the one about dog poop because I've actually caught Griff eating some. :( sorry to stalk. I found your blog from someone else's. It's cute. We need to get together again!!

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Hi Malia, I am a mission friend of Jared's, and I had to leave my two cents on your two gripes. I totally agree with the fast lane problem. I get "the look" all the time like I'm the one with the driving problem. I'm all for the sign. Go for it.

On the dog poop issue, we have had a HUGE problem in our neighborhood with dog poop, and dogs running loose to do whatever they wanted (our new neighbors next door being the worst offenders). I had cleaned dog poop off of my kids shoes one too many times, and I finally had had enough. I started throwing it back on their front porch after I had asked them to keep their dogs out of our yard and they ignored it. I also found that calling the city animal control office usually does the trick. The more times you call, the less likely the problem will continue. Okay, done. P.S. My vote is you look like Salma Hayek.

Lance and Becky said...

Lance and I get ticked off at the same thing! Everyone thinks they're going soooo fast, so they're in the fast lane, and if you're going faster....they still stay there! Sing it sista!

Mandi said...

OK, I love you! Being a former drivers ed teacher, I must say I sure did teach my kids that! But no one else does! I go crazy when people are turning right off state street and they stop in the middle of the lane to turn right instead of getting off the dang road! The whole lane stops! The fast lane thing boils my blood even more though. I probably don't seem like the type to get road rage, but I just don't like dumb people sometimes!

Sarah... said...

AMEN!

Summer said...

Ha ha! Oh yes. It is frustrating......wish I was there to help like in the good ol' days. :) But, it is absolutely worse in Utah. So, this state must be full of bad teachers. Cause when I go to California (and granted when we're not in traffic) everyone understands. And the dog poop. Oh bother.....don't get me started. We went up to Salt Lake to look at apartment complexes this saturday and any complex that didn't allow pets got two extra stars from me and bumped to the top of the list. :)

Rodela Family said...

I am 100% behind you on the fast lane etiquette. Can I go one step further and say that if you are in the carpool lane do not go 60 mph and hold up a big line of cars that can't pass b/c it is a double line. Don't be surprised if I flash my brights and then when the double lines break blare my horn as I finally pass. No, I am not a bad driver, just trying to help others realize they are bad drivers! There is my venting with you!