Saturday, September 6, 2008

STAKE Pioneer TREK


INFACT:: (and make a note of this)  Most of the other stake leaders who did not know us thought I was a Laurel!  Yay me!!
So ya, I had fun.

The Kenya family "Kenya push a cart? Kenya pull a cart?  Kenya?"
This was our 'before' pic.
Don't my sunglasses make me look so pioneerieee?
My favorite part of Trek was the crossing of the Sweet Water river. 
 Those four 18 year old boys reminded me of my very own 18 year old brother.  
He would have undoubtedly been one of the four.

Here we are, Ma and Pa, at Martins Cove.
This picture needs to go in the dictionary next to 'Ruggedly Handsome'
(which, by the way, is not together in the dictionary)
THat's my man!
Here's Pa...
...and, Wait!  Who invited Aunt Jemima?
OK!  So maybe we didn't look so much like pioneers all of the time.  We were YEARS younger than the other Pa's and Ma's, and it showed.  Each night we, and some of our 'kids' donned our bandaners and rocked out....pioneer style of course.  eh....
Pa at the 'Remember' monument erected by Pres. Faust at the rescue sight of the Willey company.
'After Picture'  Not as many smiles as before.

The trek was...honestly, Hard!  I am quite sure the pioneer children DID NOT sing as they walked and walked and walked.  It got to the point at the end of each day where we were all staring at our feet, telling them to keep going.  Golly!  I can't imagine doing that in the snow and windy cold. Bless them!   

0 comments: